Wool absorbs excess breast milk into its inner fibers, ensuring that the skin remains dry between feedings. Untreated raw silk cools and soothes the irritation some mothers experience during breastfeeding. This is due to the anti-inflammatory properties of silk which offer a natural healing of any redness. The raw silk encloses the wool so either side may be placed against the skin.
Mini (9 cm - 3 1/2 in.) – recommended most often as additional inner layer for very heavy leaking - if opting for this alone, we recommend size XS.
What makes LANACare Nursing Pads Superior to Cotton or Disposable Pads?
- Most women need only 2 - 3 pairs and 1 bottle of Lanolin Soap for the entire nursing period. Economical, in the long run, compared with the repetitive cost of disposables. And environmentally friendly!
- Wool wicks moisture away from your skin, keeping you dry and comfortable, even in warm climates. When the pads do feel damp, they still feel warm, not cold and clammy as with cotton or disposable pads.
- Your skin is kept dry and able to breathe, helping relieve soreness. Since LANACare pads contain lanolin, use of lanolin ointment is a perfect combination of treatment for sores associated with breastfeeding. Many women have claimed that once they began using these pads, their soreness began to improve and breastfeeding “turned around” for them.
- Scandinavian midwives have, for centuries, advised mothers to keep their breasts warm to prevent plugged ducts and mastitis. Larger sizes give protective coverage over greater a portion of the breast.
- With the larger size, compared to smaller disposables, the edge of the pad falls further back on your breast, making pads LESS noticeable through clothing.
- Great, non-medicinal remedy for Raynaud’s/vasospasms! The gentle warmth of the wool keeps blood vessels dilated, preventing the pain and discomfort caused by vasospasms.
- Natural fibers of wool allow skin to breathe, maintaining a comfortable temperature even in warm climates. Moderates temperature, for comfort even when moving between hot outdoor climates and cold air-conditioned inner climates.
- Variety of sizes and styles to suit each woman’s needs!
- Women LOVE these nursing pads – how often do you hear that about a nursing pad??